- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Louise P. Bishop, 85, formerly of Perryville, died Monday, July 4, 2005, at Cedar Pavilion Nursing Home in Cedar Hill, Mo.
She was born Nov. 30, 1919, in Dixie, Ark., daughter of Luther and Pearl Davis Phillips. She and W.C. Bishop were married in October 1949. He died March 25, 1983.
Bishop had worked at International Shoe Co., and also worked 25 years at Presbyterian Manor Nursing Home in Farmington, Mo.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara O'Dell of Cedar Hill; two sons, Thomas Williams of O'Fallon, Mo., U.L. Williams of Numa, Iowa; 17 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 10 a.m. until time of service today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Chamness officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.