- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action 7/6/05
* Held a public hearing regarding the request of Dalhousie LLC to rezone The Lochs Subdivision on the southern end of the proposed development at the Dalhousie Golf Club to R-2, single-family residential district.
(Second and third readings)
* Accepted a general warranty deed, quit-claim deeds and an easement for street right of way from various property owners for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place.
* Approved the record plat of DKR 9th Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Melrose Place VI.
* Approved the record plat of North Pointe Center Second Addition.
* Executed a license and indemnity agreement with Cape Girardeau Public School District for improvements at Blanchard Elementary School.
* Repealed the stop sign located on Water Street at Broadway.
* Approved an ordinance making Water Street a southbound, one-way street from Broadway to Independence Street.
* Established a no-parking zone on the west side of Water Street from Broadway to Independence Street, and establishing angled parking stalls on the east side of Water Street.
* Established handicap parking on a portion of Water Street.
* Appropriated funds for operating expenditures, debt service payments, capital expenditures and transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30.
* Accepted sanitary sewer, utility and access easements from North Pointe Center LLC for the sanitary sewer to serve North Pointe Center First Addition Subdivision.
* Amended the new pet law.
* Rezoned the southern end of the proposed development site at Dalhousie Golf Course.
* Approved the amended record plat of The Lochs at Dalhousie.
* Accepted a quit-claim deed from the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for a remnant of the old Mississippi River Bridge.
* Executed a cooperation agreement with the city of Jackson, Cape Girardeau County and Southeast Missouri University Foundation for the East Main Street interchange project.
* Authorized the city to amend a promissory note to Montgomery Bank. (First, second and third readings)
* Executed an agreement with the Safe House for Women Inc. for emergency shelter grant funds from the Missouri Department of Social Services.
* Executed an agreement with the Salvation Army of Cape Girardeau for emergency shelter grant funds from the Missouri Department of Social Services.
* Accepted a local records preservation grant from the Missouri secretary of state's office.
* Approved the preliminary plat of Victorian Estates, a 47-lot subdivision to be constructed on the west end of LaWanda Drive.
* Accepted into the city's system the sanitary sewer extension serving McLane Outlot No. 1, part of a two-lot subdivision at Broadview and William streets.