- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Wilbert Martin Oberbeck, 87, of Jackson died Sunday, July 3, 2005, at his home.
Born May 4, 1918, at Tilsit, Mo., he was the son of Martin and Freda E. Nabe Oberbeck.
He worked for the St. Louis Shoe Factory for 13 years. He was an Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include a sister-in-law, Cora Oberbeck; and a niece, Barbara Oberbeck, both of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
There is no visitation.
Graveside services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Randy Heckman officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.