- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Richard L. "Dick" Slinkard, 62, of Marble Hill died Sunday, July 3, 2005, at his home.
He was born June 29, 1943, at Cape Girardeau, son of Richard and Velma Bollinger Slinkard. He and Joyce Hancock were married on Nov. 3, 2000.
He worked in pipeline construction and was a cattle farmer. He attended the County Line Southern Baptist Church near Marble Hill.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Richard W. Slinkard and Theodore Slinkard, both of Marble Hill; a stepson, Billy Cruse of Marble Hill; a stepdaughter, Kimberly Terry of Marble Hill; three sisters, Margaret Zoellner and Kathy Zschille, both of Sedgewickville, Denny Drum of Jackson; six step-grandchildren and two great-stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Bill Rhodes officiating. Burial will follow in the Pulliam Cemetery near Marble Hill.