- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson Jr. Legion sweeps pair
The Jackson American Legion junior team won a pair of games Saturday at the Carbondale Tournament.
Jackson defeated Carterville (Ill.) 6-5 in nine innings and Shawnee (Ill.) 8-1. Jackson will face Murphysboro (Ill.) today in a meeting of the top two teams in the four-team pool.
Jordan Buchheit had two hits in the first game, and Ryan Cheney pitched two innings of relief for the win.
Austin Neal pitched six innings of one-hit ball in the second game for the win. Blake Reiminger had two hits in the game.
-- From staff reports