- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
DEXTER, Mo. -- Larry Elmer Henderson, 58, of Dexter died Friday, July 1, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Dec. 25, 1946, at Dexter, son of Alberta and Elmer "Shorty" Henderson. He and Joanna Liles were married May 13, 1968, at Circle City, Mo.
Henderson attended the Calvary Baptist Church in Dexter and was a former truck driver for Gilster Mary-Lee. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, having served in Vietnam.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Mike Henderson of Cape Girardeau; his mother of Dexter; a sister, Peggy Miller of Essex and a grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his father and a son.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.