- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Thanks for Water Street project
To the editor:
Old Town Cape would like to extend its sincere thanks and gratitude to the city of Cape Girardeau and Alliance Water Resources for their tireless efforts in revamping and beautifying Water Street. The leadership and administration of the city, the construction crews from public works, the engineering staff and Alliance should be commended for their hard work and applauded for completing such a difficult project in a five-week time frame.
Special thanks also go to the subcontractors who completed their projects on time and did not miss a beat even with the Southeast Missouri heat. They met the deadline just in time for Libertyfest.
Driving down the new Water Street and seeing the Mississippi River Tales Murals with new reader boards and the brick sidewalk is a sight to see. All parties associated with this project worked hard to beautify and enhance a major attraction for Cape Girardeau.
We are also very grateful for the vision and dedication the city and Alliance demonstrated by replacing the main water line while the street was under construction. Although there were inconveniences and frustrations during the construction of the street, the city and its staff did everything in their power to minimize inconveniences.
We thank the city for its diligence in seeing this project through and exceeding our expectations. It is truly beautiful.
TIM ARBEITER, Executive Director,
TOM HIGGINS, President,
Old Town Cape, Cape Girardeau