- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Thanks for Water Street project
To the editor:
Old Town Cape would like to extend its sincere thanks and gratitude to the city of Cape Girardeau and Alliance Water Resources for their tireless efforts in revamping and beautifying Water Street. The leadership and administration of the city, the construction crews from public works, the engineering staff and Alliance should be commended for their hard work and applauded for completing such a difficult project in a five-week time frame.
Special thanks also go to the subcontractors who completed their projects on time and did not miss a beat even with the Southeast Missouri heat. They met the deadline just in time for Libertyfest.
Driving down the new Water Street and seeing the Mississippi River Tales Murals with new reader boards and the brick sidewalk is a sight to see. All parties associated with this project worked hard to beautify and enhance a major attraction for Cape Girardeau.
We are also very grateful for the vision and dedication the city and Alliance demonstrated by replacing the main water line while the street was under construction. Although there were inconveniences and frustrations during the construction of the street, the city and its staff did everything in their power to minimize inconveniences.
We thank the city for its diligence in seeing this project through and exceeding our expectations. It is truly beautiful.
TIM ARBEITER, Executive Director,
TOM HIGGINS, President,
Old Town Cape, Cape Girardeau