- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)9
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Cape FD spending funds wisely
To the editor;
My congratulations to Rick Ennis, our Cape Girardeau Fire Department chief, on his efforts to show our residents exactly how our tax dollars are being spent.
Our fire department held an open house to display all the new equipment that has been purchased with our tax money. What a great way to show us that they are spending and investing our tax dollars wisely.
My appreciation to these guys for their efforts in controlling costs, spending wisely and keeping us safe.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau