- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)7
- Crowell leads effort to cut low-income tax credits in Missouri (11/19/17)6
Cape FD spending funds wisely
To the editor;
My congratulations to Rick Ennis, our Cape Girardeau Fire Department chief, on his efforts to show our residents exactly how our tax dollars are being spent.
Our fire department held an open house to display all the new equipment that has been purchased with our tax money. What a great way to show us that they are spending and investing our tax dollars wisely.
My appreciation to these guys for their efforts in controlling costs, spending wisely and keeping us safe.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau