- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Cape FD spending funds wisely
To the editor;
My congratulations to Rick Ennis, our Cape Girardeau Fire Department chief, on his efforts to show our residents exactly how our tax dollars are being spent.
Our fire department held an open house to display all the new equipment that has been purchased with our tax money. What a great way to show us that they are spending and investing our tax dollars wisely.
My appreciation to these guys for their efforts in controlling costs, spending wisely and keeping us safe.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau