- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Cape FD spending funds wisely
To the editor;
My congratulations to Rick Ennis, our Cape Girardeau Fire Department chief, on his efforts to show our residents exactly how our tax dollars are being spent.
Our fire department held an open house to display all the new equipment that has been purchased with our tax money. What a great way to show us that they are spending and investing our tax dollars wisely.
My appreciation to these guys for their efforts in controlling costs, spending wisely and keeping us safe.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau