- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- George Williams, 80, of Sikeston and formerly of Oran, Mo., died Friday, July 1, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
He was born March 27, 1915, at Shirley, Ark., son of Martin and Dovie Shelton Williams. He retired as a packer from Scott County Milling Co. in Oran, and was a custodian at and member of First Baptist Church in Oran.
He and Jewell Vaughn were married Nov. 7, 1946.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Rosanne Mansker of Shiner, Texas; two grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery near East Prairie, Mo.