- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Roy Brown Jr.
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Roy Brown Jr., 76, of Marble Hill died Wednesday, June 29, 2005, at his home.
He was born July 26, 1928, in Marble Hill, son of Roy and Eula Nanney Brown. He and Lois E. Stevens were married July 29, 1950. She died Dec. 8, 1996. He later married Ann Phillips Aug. 19, 1997, in Paducah, Ky.
Brown was a bus driver for Woodland School District, and was a member of Haven of Hope Pentecostal Church.
He was a corporal and airplane propeller mechanic with the U.S. Army from 1947 to 1950.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Bobby Brown of Marble Hill; a stepson, Billy Piercey of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Jacky Piercey of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Howard Brown of Scopus, Mo., Bill Brown of Tivoli, Texas; four sisters, Ester Garner of Scopus, Margie Stevens of Marble Hill, Lavern Bollinger and Katherine Borders of The Dalles, Ore.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. David Jackson, Tom Jackson and Jeff Wells officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery will full military honors by Missouri Honors Team.