- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Frances I. Rau, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, June 29, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 5, 1936, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles Thomas and Jewel Martin Griffaw. She first married Eugene Norris in 1954. She later married Richard Rau in September 1978 in Tishomingo, Okla. He died May 4, 1992.
Rau was a cook 20 years at Littlepage Cafeteria in Tishomingo, and a cook three years at Just Kids Day Care in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include two sons, Doug and Everett Norris of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sue Norris Roberts of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Tom and Don Griffaw of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Mary Ainsworth; five grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 11 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Burial will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Condon Grove Cemetery in Milburn, Okla.