- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jean Haynes Gerhardt, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 23, 2003, in North Carolina.
Mrs. Gerhardt worked for Dr. Nussbaum several years, and retired from Broadway Prescription Shop. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband, Bill Gerhardt; two sons, Bill Gerhardt Jr. of New York City, Todd Gerhardt of Seattle, Wash.; a daughter, Terri Gerhardt Howell of New York City; a sister, Addie Haynes Vancil of St. Louis; two nieces, Judy Vancil Wilson and Sharon Vancil; two nephews, Brad Haynes and James "Buster" Haynes.
She was preceded in death by a brother, James Haynes.
A memorial will be held in honor of Jean from 1 to 5 p.m. June 7 at 28 N. Pacific. Family and friends are invited.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.