- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ORAN, Mo. -- Walter Edward Madigan, 61, of Oran died Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 24, 1941, in St. Louis, son of Edward J. and Maybelle Hefele Madigan. He and Debra Whorton were married Jan. 25, 1975.
Walter retired as a road grader operator with Scott County Highway Department in Benton, Mo.
He was a member of Oran Chamber of Commerce, and a charter member and on the board of directors of Oran Optimist Club. He was a volunteer with Oran Fire Rescue Squad and member of Scott County Rural Fire Department.
Survivors include his wife; a son and daughter-in-law, A.J. and Nicole Madigan of Oran; a daughter, Kristal "Midget" Madigan of Oran; three grandchildren, Abigail, Macey and Tristen Madigan of Oran; dear father and mother-in-law, Aubrey and Peggy Whorton of Florissant, Mo.; four brothers and sisters-in-law, Darryl and Paula Menzel of Highland, Ill., Bryan and Bonita Boston of O'Fallon, Mo., Craig and Cheryl Politte of O'Fallon, and Ricky and Sally Whorton of Florissant. He was also survived by the best friends a man could ever have.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 3 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.