- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ORAN, Mo. -- Walter Edward Madigan, 61, of Oran died Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 24, 1941, in St. Louis, son of Edward J. and Maybelle Hefele Madigan. He and Debra Whorton were married Jan. 25, 1975.
Walter retired as a road grader operator with Scott County Highway Department in Benton, Mo.
He was a member of Oran Chamber of Commerce, and a charter member and on the board of directors of Oran Optimist Club. He was a volunteer with Oran Fire Rescue Squad and member of Scott County Rural Fire Department.
Survivors include his wife; a son and daughter-in-law, A.J. and Nicole Madigan of Oran; a daughter, Kristal "Midget" Madigan of Oran; three grandchildren, Abigail, Macey and Tristen Madigan of Oran; dear father and mother-in-law, Aubrey and Peggy Whorton of Florissant, Mo.; four brothers and sisters-in-law, Darryl and Paula Menzel of Highland, Ill., Bryan and Bonita Boston of O'Fallon, Mo., Craig and Cheryl Politte of O'Fallon, and Ricky and Sally Whorton of Florissant. He was also survived by the best friends a man could ever have.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 3 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, Mo.