- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Viola L. Sides, 87, of Perryville died Wednesday, June 29, 2005, at her home.
She was born July 9, 1917, in Perry County, Mo., daughter of Herman and Bernice Zahner Kiefer Sr. She and James "Lonnie" Sides were married May 7, 1938. He died Nov. 18, 1985.
Sides was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Lillian Wojcik of Fairview Heights, Ill., Wilma Sides of Perryville; three sons, Larry and William Sides of Perryville, Terry Sides of Phoenix, Ariz.; two brothers, Everett and Herman Kiefer Jr. of Perryville; three sisters, Evelyn Swan of St. Ann, Mo., Lillian Cleary of St. Mary, Mo., Eileen Kadavi of Perryville; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.