- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Agnes Jewell Montgomery, 85, of Chaffee died Tuesday, June 28, 2005, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Nov. 22, 1919, in Swifton, Ark., daughter of Dewitt and Ethel Myra King Rowlett. She and Evert Paul Montgomery were married Jan. 15, 1940. He died Feb. 11, 1986.
Montgomery had been a teacher at Chaffee Hill Top School, a machine operator at Sports Specialty Shoe Co., and owned Gas-a-Mat in Chaffee.
She was a member of the General Baptist Church and Chaffee SOS Club.
Survivors include five sons, Homer Montgomery of Jackson, Cecil and Larry Montgomery of Kelso, Mo., Robert Montgomery of Cincinnati, Ohio, Steve Montgomery of Chaffee; two daughters, Nancy Michelsen of Oran, Mo., Martha Jane McMillian of Park Hills, Mo.; a brother, Warren Rowlett of Swifton; three sisters, Mabel Hubbard of Tuckerman, Ark., Lola Lovelace and Esther Erickson of Jonesboro, Ark.; 16 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.