- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Frances I. Rau, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, June 29, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 5, 1936, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles David and Jewel Martin Griffaw. She first married Eugene Norris in 1954. She later married Richard Rau in September 1978 in Tishomingo, Okla. He died May 4, 1992.
Rau was a cook 20 years at Littlepage Cafeteria in Tishomingo, and a cook three years at Just Kids Day Care in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include two sons, Doug and Everett Norris of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sue Norris Roberts of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Tom and Don Griffaw of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Mary Ainsworth; five grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 11 a.m. to service time Friday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Burial will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Condon Grove Cemetery in Milburn, Okla.