- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BERTRAND, Mo.-- Lawrence David "Larry" Heckert, 84, of Bertrand died Wednesday, June 29, 2005, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 21, 1921, at Bertrand, son of Doyle and Cecil Meeks Heckert. He and Irene Pulliam were married Oct. 17, 1942. She died Sept. 26, 1991. He and Bonnie Hill were married Feb. 13, 1993.
Heckert had been a self-employed carpenter and was a Church of God minister more than 50 years.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Debi Hoerl of Overland Park, Kan.; three stepsons, Tim Hill of Great Falls, Mont., Jeff Hill of Benton, Mo., Mike Hill of Bertrand; two stepdaughters, Shari Lackey of DesMoines, Iowa, Lori Blankenship of Sikeston, Mo.; a brother, Billy Heckert of Sikeston; a sister, Bertha Sweet of Sikeston; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston from noon to service time today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home. The Revs. Dwight Lackey and Blake Tieman will officiate. Burial will be at 10 a.m. Friday in Lenexa Cemetery in Lenexa, Kan.