- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Robert "Bob" Price, 76, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, June 28, 2005, at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Sept. 18, 1928, in Brazeau, Mo., son of Irl and Merle Dempster Price. He and Velda Hand were married Aug. 15, 1948.
Bob was raised in the Brazeau community, graduating from Perryville High School in 1946. During his high school years he worked in Perryville, and after graduation attended Westminster College at Fulton, Mo. He returned to Perryville and worked for the former Home Trust Bank.
The family moved to Cape Girardeau in 1956, where Bob was manager of the former Riverside West Lumber Co. He owned and operated Robert S. Price Realty Co. from 1972 to 1983, and has since been associated with ERA Cape Realty.
Bob was a charter member of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau. He was a longtime deacon, elder, and was the church treasurer. He also served on various committees of the Giddings-Lovejoy Presbytery.
He was an early planner of Chateau Girardeau as well as a former board member. He was a charter member of Cape West Rotary Club, established in 1960, with 34 years' perfect attendance, and was a Paul Harris Fellow.
Bob received numerous awards through the Cape Girardeau County Board of Realtors and from the ERA Franchise Systems Inc. He was a member of National Association of Realtors, Missouri Association of Realtors, and Cape Girardeau Association of Realtors.
Survivors include his loving wife of 56 years; two daughters and sons-in-law, Roberta and Phillip Kelley of Perryville, Mo., Sheila and David Pruitt of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren and spouses, Tracie and Tony Bean and Angela and Brent Alm of Helena, Mont., Jason and Leticia Kelley of Perryville; and a sister, Anna L. Price of Bozeman, Mont.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and a son, Ronald Price in 2004.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Friday after 9:30 a.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Revs. Joel Hebert and Tom Bass officiating. Burial will be in Brazeau Presbyterian Church Cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Farmington Children's Home, 608 Pine, Farmington, Mo., 63640, or Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1820 Perryville Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.