- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Four editors arrested in Ethiopia
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia -- Police arrested four independent newspaper editors on criminal charges of defaming the military, a media watchdog group said Wednesday.
They were detained for seven hours Tuesday and later released on bail. The arrests stem from reports in their Amharic-language weeklies about Ethiopian air force pilots who sought political asylum while training in Belarus, according to the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists.