- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)9
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Four editors arrested in Ethiopia
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia -- Police arrested four independent newspaper editors on criminal charges of defaming the military, a media watchdog group said Wednesday.
They were detained for seven hours Tuesday and later released on bail. The arrests stem from reports in their Amharic-language weeklies about Ethiopian air force pilots who sought political asylum while training in Belarus, according to the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists.