- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Edna Jeanetta Brown, 81, of Port Orange, Fla., died Sunday, June 26, 2005, at Terrace Nursing Care Center in Daytona Beach, Fla.
She was born Sept. 13, 1923, at Wyatt, Mo., son of Lawrence and Mary Etta Baker. She and Vernon Edward Brown were married in 1937. He died in 1984.
Brown was formerly of Charleston, where she was a member of First General Baptist Church. She was a licensed practical nurse 23 years at Bertrand Nursing Center, retiring in 1994. She moved to Florida seven years ago.
Survivors include two daughters, Sheila Rich and Christine Brown of Port Orange; two sisters, Doris Jenkins of Rockford, Ill., Dorothy Weakley of Glenallen, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and 13 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a daughter, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from noon to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Meeks officiating. Burial will be in IOOF Cemetery.