- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Redfearn, Lohmann lead field at Junior Series event
Eric Redfearn and Kirk Lohmann both shot 6-over-par 76 to turn in the low rounds of the day at the Gateway PGA Jr. Series event at the Cape Girardeau Country Club on Monday.
Both came out winners, as Redfearn won the 14-15 Tour division by eight strokes, while Lohmann won the 16-19 Tour division by two shots.
Other division winners were: Jesse Hency in the nine-hole 10-11 age division; Evan Deere in the nine-hole 12-13 division; Brett Slaten in the nine-hole 14-18 division; Trent Hillis in the 18-hole 12-13 division; Mark Crews in the 18-hole 14-15 division; and Austin Hunter in the 18-hole 16-19 division.
Thirty-six players competed in the event, the fourth in the eight-tournament series. The next event is Wednesday at the Kennett Country Club.