- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 6/28/05
* The board approved an audit report for 2004 as prepared by Beussink, Hey, Roe, Seabaugh and Stroder LLC, certified public accountants.
* The board approved an ordinance to accept the bid and authorize $424,143.50 contractual agreement with PR Developers Inc. for the Elwanda Drive sewer project.
* The board approved an ordinance to accept the dedication of an electric line easement from WPSD Properties LLC.
* The board approved an ordinance to accept tree trimming easements from Rick and Mabel Ashcraft regarding the West Jackson Boulevard electric relocation project.
* The board approved an ordinance to accept a master services agreement for professional engineering services with Gertis, Lester, Dameron and Associates Inc. of Cape Girardeau.
* The board approved a contract agreement with Horner and Shifrin Inc. of St. Louis regarding Amendment No. 1 of authorization No. 24 in regard to providing engineering services under the Elwanda Drive sewer project.
* The board approved a motion for the city's application for grant funding under the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant.
* The board approved a motion to set a public hearing for July 18 to consider the abandonment of a portion of a public alley right of way in Weltecke's Addition, as submitted by Terri Leist.
* The board approved a motion to close certain streets in the central business district for Homecomers festival.
* The board approved a motion to approve engineering services task order authorization No. 05-09 to Horner and Shifrin in the amount of $4,300 for water system hydraulic analysis services.
* The board approved a motion to accept the bid of and authorize contract for Fronabarger Concreters Inc. of Oak Ridge in the amount of $311,419 for the concrete street repair program.
* The board approved an ordinance to authorize a cost participation agreement with Jim Green Management Corp. regarding street improvement on Lexington Drive.
* The board approved an ordinance to rezone 304 Daisy Ave. from R-2 to C-2.
* The board approved an ordinance to rezone 112 Morgan St. from R-2 to R-3.
* The board approved an ordinance to rezone 42.7 acres of property north and west of Pioneer Orchard Second Subdivision from R-1 to R-2 and R-3.
* The board approved the final plat of Cambridge Estates Subdivision, phase 2.
* The board approved the final plat of Green Meadows Eleventh Subdivision.