- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Mae L. Johnson, 92, of Sikeston died Saturday, June 25, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
She was born May 30, 1913, in Indian Mound, Tenn., daughter of Grover Sr. and Commie Seay Gillum Lewis. She and Owen "Jiggs" Johnson were married in 1946. He died in July 1977.
Johnson worked as a bookkeeper for Potashnick Truck Line before retiring. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Sikeston, a past matron for the Eastern Star and past president of the American Legion Auxiliary.
Survivors include one sister, Mildred Nicholson of Sikeston.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home at 10:30 a.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Jackson officiating.