- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
LAGUNA BEACH, Fla. -- Willie E. "Billy" Eaker, 74, of Laguna Beach, Fla., died Thursday, June 23, 2005, at the Gulf Coast Medical Center.
He was born Aug. 3, 1930, near Glenallen, Mo., son of Raymond and Lillie Mouser Eaker.
Before retirement, he worked for Bunny Bread in Cape Girardeau and the Sunbeam bakeries in Florida.
Survivors include three daughters, Jeanne Brown of Cape Girardeau, Carol Boes of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Angie Howell of Laguna Beach; three sons, Terry Eaker of Cape Girardeau, Scott Eaker of Jackson, Russell Eaker of Orlando, Fla.; four sisters, Wanda Hess of Advance, Mo., Dimple Wiseman of Jackson, Ermalee Smith of Cape Girardeau, Linda Seabaugh of St. Louis; three brothers, Rev. Verlie Eaker, Dewayne Eaker of Anna, Ill., Gary Eaker of Jackson; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one infant brother.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the Wilson Funeral Home in Panama City, Fla.