- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
56-year-old man charged with sex crime in Jackson
Jackson police arrested a man Thursday on charges of sexual misconduct involving a juvenile. Armando C. Torres, 56, no known address, was charged with third-degree sexual misconduct after he approached a girl and allegedly asked to touch her genitals. Torres is being held by the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department on a $5,000 cash only bond.
Poplar Bluff man dies in crop-duster crash
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Federal authorities planned to begin investigations Friday into the crash of a crop-duster in Clay County, Ark., that killed its Poplar Bluff pilot. Authorities learned of the crash at about 5:40 p.m. Thursday when a 911 call came into the Clay County Sheriff's Department. The crash site was in a cotton field, about six miles east of Piggott, Ark. The plane's pilot, Josh Savat, 25, did not survive the crash, authorities said. An independent contractor, Savat was flying his own Cessna airplane at the time of the crash.
Fredericktown man killed in car crash
ARCADIA, Mo. -- A Fredericktown man was killed Friday in a car accident in Iron County, about three miles east of Arcadia, Mo. Todd Reeves, 26, died after the car he was riding in ran off the side of Highway 72, struck a parked vehicle, rolled and hit a tree. The driver, Jeremy Edwards, 23, of Bismark, Mo., was taken to St. Johns Hospital in St. Louis by helicopter with serious injuries.
-- From staff, wire reports