- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Garvice T. Watkins, 81, of Anna died Thursday, June 23, 2005, at his home.
He was born Oct. 18, 1923, in Saratoga, Ill., son of James T. and Anna M. Crain Watkins. He and Marian F. Hargis were married Sept. 13, 1946, in Sandoval, Ill.
Watkins was a lifelong farmer, and owned and operated G.T. Watkins Insurance Agency several years. He was a member of Saratoga Church.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Conda Nave and Clarinda Miller of Anna, Ramona Winn of Little Elm, Texas; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Doug Atkins officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery at Lick Creek, Ill.