- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Peggy Sue McClain Barlow, 63, of Chaffee passed away Sunday, June 1, 2003, at the home of a daughter in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 20, 1940, at Chaffee, daughter of Henry and Mandy Cook McClain. She married Bobby E. Barlow Oct. 18, 1954, and was with him 37 years until his passing July 11, 1992.
Bobby and Peggy owned and operated Barlow's Self Service and Food Shop in Delta after his retirement from the U.S. Air Force. She moved to Chaffee in 1999 from Delta.
Peggy is survived by her children, Vivian Barlow and Cheri Chapman of Cape Girardeau, Karen and Jerome Backfisch of New Hamburg, Mo., Clifford and Mary Jo Barlow of Scappoose, Ore., Lisa and Dale Amelunke of Pocahontas, Teresa and Tim Borneman of Delta, and Lorie and Eric Simpson of Chaffee.
Peggy's one son and five daughters gave her 15 grandchildren: Danielle and husband Gary Kimball, Amanda, Sarah, and Matthew Backfisch, Christy McClain, Doni Jo Dysinger and Clifford Barlow Jr., Brandon and Wesley Bentley, Kyle and Megan Borneman, Eric Simpson, Jessica Brown, Skyler and Brittany Simpson; and three great-grandchildren, Jordan White, Dillon Kimball, and Quinton McClain.
A brother, Delmar McClain, and a sister, Jo Ann Dennison, both of Chaffee, also survive. Many other relatives and friends survive Peggy, including her best friend, Euna Fay Schoelhamer of Chaffee.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery at Chaffee.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Peggy's memory to Southeast Hospice, 760 S. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63703.