- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Richard Layng Jr.
Richard E. Layng Jr., 35, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, June 19, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Sept. 17, 1969, in Nyack, N.Y., son of Richard E. and Mary Petersen Layng Sr.
Layng had worked at Target in Cape Girardeau, and was a tradesman machinist. He was a member of the House of Hope.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Richard E. and Alice Layng Sr. of Hooks, Texas; a sister, June Marie Layng of Slingerlands, N.Y.; paternal grandmother, Amy Layng of Ogdensburg, N.Y.; and his fiancee, Peppie Kassel of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
There is no visitation.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. today at the House of Hope. Jason Bachew will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.