- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Helen Estes, 71, of Marble Hill died Thursday, June 23, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 11, 1933, in Camdenton, Mo., daughter of Walter and Effie Arnold Crall. She and L.H. "Hez" Estes were married June 7, 1953, at Osage Beach, Mo. He died July 17, 1989.
She owned and operated Estes Beauty Shop in Marble Hill 44 years, and was a member of Marble Hill United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Linda Heiden of Jackson, Glenda Ellis of Longwood, Fla.; a sister, Frances Patton of Camdenton; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call at Hutchings Funeral Chapel from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Michael Kelpe officiating. Burial will be in Baker Cemetery.