- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community cuisine 6/23/05
St. Maurus Parish picnic and homecoming set
BIEHLE, Mo. -- A lunch stand will offer hamburgers, cheeseburgers and french fries from 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at St. Maurus Parish. A buffet-style supper from 3 to 7:30 p.m. will include fried chicken, dressing and kettle beef. Children under 5 eat free, and carry-outs will be available. Mass will be at 4 p.m., with the Rev. Anthony Dattilo as celebrant. Other events are live music by Doug and Mitch from 1 to 4 p.m., tractor pull at 2 p.m., music by Mike Engert from 7 to 11 p.m., dancing, face painting, games and bingo. Take Interstate 55 to the Biehle exit and go two miles south on Route B. All stands close at 11 p.m., and beer tickets will be not sold after 10 p.m.
Eisleben Lutheran Church holding dinner Sunday
Eisleben Lutheran Church in Scott City will hold a dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. The menu includes kettle beef, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, slaw, homemade bread, cakes and pies. The dinner is sponsored by the church's Pairs and Spares Group.
-- From staff reports