- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Winifred G. Guthrie, 95, of Sikeston died Monday, June 20, 2005, at Clearview Nursing Center.
She was born Aug. 4, 1909, in Tamms, Ill., daughter of William and Margie Hargis Hulen. She married Robert L. "Bob" Guthrie, who died April 3, 1982.
Guthrie was a member of First Baptist Church, and was a volunteer Gray Lady at Missouri Delta Medical Center many years.
Survivors include two sisters, Doris Cutrell of Mount Vernon, Ill., Jean Porter of Goldsboro, N.C.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a son, two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Rick Ramsey officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.