- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Marvin O. Burroughs, 88, of Perryville, formerly of Frohna, Mo., died Monday, June 20, 2005, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville.
He was born May 19, 1917, at Frohna, son of Otto and Magdalena Mueller Burroughs. He and Bernice Hellwege were married Oct. 19, 1941.
Burroughs was a farmer, a member of Concordia Lutheran Church, Lutheran Layman's League and past church trustee in Frohna.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Larry M. Burroughs of Frohna; a daughter, Bonnie M. Burroughs of Chapel Hill, N.C.; a sister, Mildred Miesner of Farrar, Mo.; two grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel in Altenburg, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Concordia Lutheran Church in Frohna, with the Rev. Wayne Palmer officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.