- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Babe Ruth Reed, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 21, 2005, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born June 8, 1927, at Brownwood, Mo., daughter of Henry and Disa Long Gipson. She and Kenneth H. Reed were married Oct. 19, 1966, in Metropolis, Ill.
Reed moved to Cape Girardeau in June 2004 from Paducah, Ky.
Survivors include her husband of Jackson; a son, Henry Wilkey of Paducah; four daughters, Autumn Vinson of Indianapolis, Ind., Donna Jo Poole of Mayfield, Ky., April Brindley of Paducah, Amber Reed of Jackson; a sister, Mabeleen Gipson of Boaz, Ky.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, a brother, and a sister.
There is no visitation.
A private family graveside service will be held at Maple Lawn Cemetery in Paducah.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.