- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Cape man accused of secretly recording women, posting to porn site (11/22/17)
- Thankful People: Kirsten Strebe recovers from traumatic car accident, brain injury (11/23/17)
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- Thankful People: Moore family counts its blessing after harrowing accident (11/23/17)
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Deal Finder brings 'unique' shopping to Cape Girardeau (11/24/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Support made ArtsCape successful
To the editor:
The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri would like to thank your newspaper and Tipoff magazine for the coverage we received concerning our very successful ArtsCape 2005 held May 21 at Capaha Park. It was truly an event with something for everyone, and this event would not have been possible without the help of many sponsors and volunteers in our community.
It was marvelous to see children getting their faces painted and giant bubbles everywhere while two stages entertained all ages and people strolled by visual artists and craftsmen of all styles.
We would like to thank the city of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri State University, Commerce Bank, Shivelbine's Music Store, Jerry Lomax, Jean and Larry Underberg, Cape Girardeau Evening Optimist Club, Missouri Arts Council, US Bank, Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau, Dalhousie Downtown, Kiwanis Club of Cape Girardeau, AmerenUE, The Brace Place, Horizon Screen Printing, Judi Hutson, KFVS, KZIM, KRCU, KREZ, Crowe Orthodontics, Alliance Bank, SADI, Hobby Lobby, Schnucks Market, T. Wayne Lewis DDS, Montgomery Bank, SEMO Department of Theater and Dance, Old Town Cape, Charmful Creations, Carol McDowell, Cape Girardeau Historic Preservation Commission, Charlotte Reed-Puppet Power, Darren the Magician, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Traditional Budo of Cape Girardeau and over 100 wonderful volunteers.
We could not have accomplished this family event without the full support of the community. Thanks again, and we will see you in 2006.
CLAUDIA RUEDIGER, DENNIS C. SEYER and RHONDA WELLER-STILSON, Board Members,
Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau