- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Support made ArtsCape successful
To the editor:
The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri would like to thank your newspaper and Tipoff magazine for the coverage we received concerning our very successful ArtsCape 2005 held May 21 at Capaha Park. It was truly an event with something for everyone, and this event would not have been possible without the help of many sponsors and volunteers in our community.
It was marvelous to see children getting their faces painted and giant bubbles everywhere while two stages entertained all ages and people strolled by visual artists and craftsmen of all styles.
We would like to thank the city of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri State University, Commerce Bank, Shivelbine's Music Store, Jerry Lomax, Jean and Larry Underberg, Cape Girardeau Evening Optimist Club, Missouri Arts Council, US Bank, Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau, Dalhousie Downtown, Kiwanis Club of Cape Girardeau, AmerenUE, The Brace Place, Horizon Screen Printing, Judi Hutson, KFVS, KZIM, KRCU, KREZ, Crowe Orthodontics, Alliance Bank, SADI, Hobby Lobby, Schnucks Market, T. Wayne Lewis DDS, Montgomery Bank, SEMO Department of Theater and Dance, Old Town Cape, Charmful Creations, Carol McDowell, Cape Girardeau Historic Preservation Commission, Charlotte Reed-Puppet Power, Darren the Magician, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Traditional Budo of Cape Girardeau and over 100 wonderful volunteers.
We could not have accomplished this family event without the full support of the community. Thanks again, and we will see you in 2006.
CLAUDIA RUEDIGER, DENNIS C. SEYER and RHONDA WELLER-STILSON, Board Members,
Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau