- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Support made ArtsCape successful
To the editor:
The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri would like to thank your newspaper and Tipoff magazine for the coverage we received concerning our very successful ArtsCape 2005 held May 21 at Capaha Park. It was truly an event with something for everyone, and this event would not have been possible without the help of many sponsors and volunteers in our community.
It was marvelous to see children getting their faces painted and giant bubbles everywhere while two stages entertained all ages and people strolled by visual artists and craftsmen of all styles.
We would like to thank the city of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri State University, Commerce Bank, Shivelbine's Music Store, Jerry Lomax, Jean and Larry Underberg, Cape Girardeau Evening Optimist Club, Missouri Arts Council, US Bank, Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau, Dalhousie Downtown, Kiwanis Club of Cape Girardeau, AmerenUE, The Brace Place, Horizon Screen Printing, Judi Hutson, KFVS, KZIM, KRCU, KREZ, Crowe Orthodontics, Alliance Bank, SADI, Hobby Lobby, Schnucks Market, T. Wayne Lewis DDS, Montgomery Bank, SEMO Department of Theater and Dance, Old Town Cape, Charmful Creations, Carol McDowell, Cape Girardeau Historic Preservation Commission, Charlotte Reed-Puppet Power, Darren the Magician, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Traditional Budo of Cape Girardeau and over 100 wonderful volunteers.
We could not have accomplished this family event without the full support of the community. Thanks again, and we will see you in 2006.
CLAUDIA RUEDIGER, DENNIS C. SEYER and RHONDA WELLER-STILSON, Board Members,
Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Cape Girardeau