- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Police arrest babysitter on sex-related charges
A 45-year-old Sikeston man was arrested Thursday on 16 counts of first-degree statutory of having deviate sexual intercourse with a child under the age of 14, one count of first-degree child molestation and one count of possession of child pornography.
Jack Pruitt, of 809 Greer St., is currently held in the Scott County Jail in lieu of a total of $55,000 bail. Investigators believe he molested the 5-year-old child during an overnight stay at his home, in which Pruitt acted as a family friend in offering to baby-sit, said Sikeston Department of Public Safety officials.
After the incident was reported, detectives arrested Pruitt and served a search warrant on his home, where sexually explicit photos were found inside, Juden said. The investigation is ongoing.