- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jeanne Kathryn Hudgings Jenkins, 62, of Jackson died on Sunday, June 19, 2005, at her residence in Jackson. She was born June 19, 1943, in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of the late Clay Thomas and Dorothy Schlue Hudgings.
She and Donald Jenkins were married on Nov. 10, 1967, in Logansport, Ind. He survives. She was of the Methodist faith. She had been a member of the Artist Guild of Texas.
She is survived by a son, Richard Jenkins of Apex, N.C.; a brother, Tom Hudgings of Mount Holly, Vt.; two sisters, Susan Bromley of Orange, Texas, Margaret Barnes of Jackson; two grandchildren, Emma and Collins Jenkins of Lindale, Texas.
She was preceded in death by a son, Gary Jenkins. He died in 1976.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home on Tuesday, June 21, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Service will be held at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home on Tuesday, June 21, at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Bob McNabb officiating.
Burial will be at Plano Mutual Cemetery in Plano, Texas, on Thursday, June 23.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn. 38105, c/o Gary Jenkins Memorial Fund.