- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Jeanne Kathryn Hudgings Jenkins, 62, of Jackson died on Sunday, June 19, 2005, at her residence in Jackson. She was born June 19, 1943, in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of the late Clay Thomas and Dorothy Schlue Hudgings.
She and Donald Jenkins were married on Nov. 10, 1967, in Logansport, Ind. He survives. She was of the Methodist faith. She had been a member of the Artist Guild of Texas.
She is survived by a son, Richard Jenkins of Apex, N.C.; a brother, Tom Hudgings of Mount Holly, Vt.; two sisters, Susan Bromley of Orange, Texas, Margaret Barnes of Jackson; two grandchildren, Emma and Collins Jenkins of Lindale, Texas.
She was preceded in death by a son, Gary Jenkins. He died in 1976.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home on Tuesday, June 21, from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Service will be held at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home on Tuesday, June 21, at 7 p.m. with the Rev. Bob McNabb officiating.
Burial will be at Plano Mutual Cemetery in Plano, Texas, on Thursday, June 23.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn. 38105, c/o Gary Jenkins Memorial Fund.