- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the move 06/20/05
Big River hires customer service representative
Elizabeth Mikow of Mount Vernon, Ill., has joined Big River Telephone Co. as a customer service representative. Mikow graduated from Southeast Missouri State University this year with a bachelor's degree in anthropology.
US Bank manager wins excellence award
Judy Cantoni, US Bank Student Banking market manager in Missouri, was recently recognized with the Mapping Your Future 2005 Excellence Award. Mapping Your Future is a public service Web site providing college, career, financial aid, and financial literacy information and services for students and families. The award was presented for her work as a MYF volunteer.
Physicians enter Society of Thoracic Surgeons
Cardiac and vascular surgeons Randy G. Brown and William R. M. Ogle were recently inducted into the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. The society is the largest thoracic surgical organization in the world with more than 4,800 members. Ogle and Brown, who are affiliated with Cardiac and Vascular Surgeons of Southeast Missouri Hospital, have been on Southeast's medical staff since 1996 and 2000, respectively.
-- From staff reports