- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
A day of fun and sun at the United Way annual golf tourney
The United Way of Southeast Missouri recently held its 18th annual golf tournament at the Cape Girardeau Country Club. The tourney's proceeds kick off the organization's 2005 campaign drive, which helps support over 40 programs in the community.
Golfers making a hole-in-one at designated holes had an opportunity to win a donated vehicle or cash. This challenge was not met, but other achievements including closest to the pin, drive closest to the line, longest putt, longest drive and last place team were awarded.
For more information about the United Way of Southeast Missouri, call 334-9634 or visit www.unitedwayofsemo.org.