- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson Sr. Babe Ruth wins
Jackson's Senior Babe Ruth baseball team won a sloppy game at Caledonia on Saturday 23-10.
Jackson (14-4) had 13 hits and took advantage of 14 Caledonia walks. Brandon Stearns led Jackson with four hits. Brett Groening and Ryan Watkins had two hits apiece.
Sam Sander improved to 4-1 after pitching five innings. Groening and Tyler Profilet pitched the final four innings. In all, only three of Caledonia's 10 runs were earned as Jackson committed five errors.
Waterloo 12, Riverdogs 3
The Cape Riverdogs fell on the road to Waterloo, Ill., despite getting three hits from Shane Gibson and a home run from Greg Craft, who added two hits.
--From staff reports