- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ethel Shaw, 92, died Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at the Lutheran home.
She was born Aug. 15, 1912, in St. Francois County, Mo., daughter of Carl and Ada Cook Thomasson. She married Glen J. Shaw, who died in 1999.
Shaw was formerly of Farmington, Mo., and a member of Memorial United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Carl Shaw of Cape Girardeau, Don Shaw of Farmington; three sisters, Velma Bates of St. Louis, Alberta Bannister of Farmington, Ada Turley of Jackson; a brother, Carl Joe Thomasson of Bartlesville, Okla.; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
The funeral was held Friday at Taylor Funeral Service in Farmington, with Dr. David Webster officiating. Burial was in Hillview Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Farmington.