- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Ida Prosser, 94, of Olive Branch died Thursday, June 16, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 17, 1910, at Parma, Mo., daughter of James Sidney and Clara Donohoo Porter. She and Vernon "Doc" Prosser were married Nov. 15, 1930. He died Sept. 28, 1993.
Prosser was a charter member of Cottage Hills Assembly of God Church and a member of Trinity Assembly of God Church in Olive Branch.
Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Parker of Olive Branch; two sons, Zane Prosser of Edwardsville, Ill., David Prosser of Olive Branch; 13 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a great-great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and after 9 a.m. Saturday at Trinity Assembly of God Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Revs. Carl Hester and Joshua McKinney officiating. Burial will be at 2 p.m. Saturday in Bethalto Cemetery in Bethalto, Ill.