- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PARMA, Mo. -- Chlora E. Gilmer, 91, of Parma died Wednesday, June 15, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born April 27, 1914, in Formosa, Ark., daughter of Scott and Nettie Jones. She and James Leslie "Jim" Gilmer were married March 25, 1933, in Bragg City, Mo. He died Dec. 30, 1987.
Survivors include two daughters, Barbara Wallace of Sikeston, Sandra Matlock of Olive Branch, Miss.; a brother, Barrett Jones of Lakeside, Calif.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a sister and a brother.
Friends may call at First Baptist Church from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the church, with John Girdley officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.
Watkins and Sons Funeral Service of Parma is in charge of arrangements.