- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Virginia L. Strickert, 86, of Richardson, Texas, died Friday, May 27, 2005.
She was born Sept. 23, 1918, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Steven and Martha Schaefer Owens. She and the Rev. Paul Strickert were married Feb. 7, 1943, in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Donald Strickert of Plano, Texas; a daughter, Nancy Marioles of San Antonio, Texas; a brother, Raymond Owens of Cape Girardeau; and a sister, Doris Criddle of Whitewater.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
The funeral was held June 1 at Restland Memorial Chapel in Dallas, Texas. The Revs. John Lindner and Mel Symmank officiated. Burial was in Restland Cemetery.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.