- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Drake, 101, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Dec. 7, 1903, in Charleston, Mo., daughter of John Daniel and Ella Minnie Goodin Deal. She and Harvey Ernest Drake were married May 6, 1933, in Charleston. He died in June 1973.
Survivors include two daughters, Peggy McNeary of Charleston, Mary Ella Waggener of Linn Creek, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the United Methodist Church in Charleston.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.