- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Theodore Edgar "T.E." Hicks, 65, of Benton died Monday, June 13, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 30, 1940, at Blodgett, Mo., son of A.Y. and Viola Isabel Webber Hicks. He and Georgia Alice Sloniker Jacox were married Jan. 2, 1970.
Hicks was a retired auto mechanic and had been self-employed with Hicks Garage at Morley and Bell City, Mo. He moved to Benton a year ago from Bell City.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Danny Hicks of Caruthersville, Mo., Larry Hicks of Bell City; three daughters, Wanda Carey and Trisha McDonough of Benton, Cindy Bryant of New Hamburg, Mo.; three brothers, Warren Hicks of DeKalb, Ill., Eddie Hicks of Morehouse, Mo., Ralph Hicks of Vanduser, Mo.; four sisters, Jewell Moore of DeKalb, Geraldean Adcock of Iuka, Ill., Wanda Moore of Sikeston, Mo., Earleen Kirkpatrick of Gilbertsville, Ky.; 15 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran, Mo., after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the chapel, with the Rev. Randy Conn officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley.