- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
EAST PRAIRIE, Ill. -- Donald Ross Garner, 66, of East Prairie died Monday, June 13, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born July 16, 1938, near East Prairie, son of Charlie and Zella Faire Garner. He and Willene McCloud were married July 18, 1961.
Garner was retired from the city of East Prairie and was a member of St. James General Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Terresa Smith of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Rex Garner of Rome, Ga., Bruce Garner of Cape Girardeau, Charles Garner of Morley, Mo., Joe Garner of East Prairie; a sister, Carolyn Sterling of East Prairie; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons and a brother.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Larry Smith officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.