- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Clola Mayberry, 97, of Anna died Monday, June 13, 2005, at her home.
She was born Nov. 5, 1907, at McClure, Ill., daughter of Elzie and Bessie Brown. She and the Rev. Charles Mayberry were married Oct. 22, 1924, in Jonesboro, Ill. He died March 24, 1985.
Mayberry was a member of Trinity Pentecostal Tabernacle Church in Jonesboro.
Survivors include a son, Charles Mayberry Jr. of Anna; two daughters, Anita Harris of Jonesboro, Bessie Galiher of Independence, Ky.; a brother, Oscar Brown of McClure; a sister, Mary Bridgeman of Manito, Ill.; 16 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and three sons.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and from 9:30 a.m. until time of service Thursday at Trinity Pentecostal Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Mike Blue officiating. Burial will be in Valley Mission Cemetery.