- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Sgt. Brian Romines
ANNA, Ill. -- Sgt. Brian Romines, 20, of Simpson, formerly of Anna, died Monday, June 6, 2005, near Baghdad, Iraq, as the result of a roadside bomb blast.
He was born Oct. 26, 1984, son of Clyde Randall and Melinda Clary Romines.
Romines was a graduate of Anna Junior High School and Vienna High School. He joined the Army National Guard in October 2002, and was deployed in November 2004. He was a member of the VFW in Herrin, Ill.
Survivors include his mother and stepfather, Melinda and Randy Astin of Dongola, Ill.; father and stepmother, Randy and Rhonda Romines of Simpson; a brother, Randall Romines of Alto Pass, Ill.; a sister, Tera Romines of Herrin; maternal grandparents, Jim and Sue Clary of Anna; paternal grandparents, Clifford and Phyllis Romines of Marion, Ill.; and a stepsister, Kristy Goolsby.
Friends may call at Anna Heights Baptist Church after 4 p.m. Friday and after 9 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Revs. Gayle Stone and Donnie Colson officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery with full military honors.
Crain Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.