- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Montie L. Montgomery, 69, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 13, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 17, 1935, at Neelys Landing, son of George L. and Mary Louise Bowerman Montgomery. He and Lawanna J. Poe were married in 1956 in Hernando, Miss.
Mr. Montgomery was a swing bridge engineer manager 27 years at Rock Island Arsenal in Rock Island, Ill. He attended Bethany Baptist Church.
He was stationed with the U.S. Army in Korea.
Survivors include his wife of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sandra L. Frankville and husband Richard P. of Brazil, Ind.; two grandsons, Alex G. and Austin L.P. Frankville of Brazil; and a brother, Donald Sides of Muscatine, Iowa.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kim Smith and the Rev. Shawn Wasson officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery with military rites by Missouri Honor Guard.
Memorial contributions may be made to Bethany Baptist Church or American Cancer Society.