- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Equal protection under the law
To the editor:
If we are forbidden to discriminate because of gender, why is Carl Grant charged with a hate crime for slugging a homosexual who propositioned him? Is this different from a woman doing the same a man who propositioned her? Would she be charged with a hate crime? Would it be considered a hate crime if a man was slugged by a radical feminist? The Constitution guarantees equal protection under the law. How far we have fallen.
DAN JOHANNINGMEIER, Florissant, Mo.